Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme of lists hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I’m bedridden with this faulty knee of mine but there was no way in the world I was missing this week’s TTT! Top 10 books I love? I’m in!
Top 10 Books I Love:
1) The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick – I was recommended this book by a friend on Goodreads and I am forever appreciative! This book is so near and dear to me and whenever someone wants recommendations for books dealing with mental illness, this is always what I recommend. The main character, Pat is lovable and enduring. Also, his thoughts on classics is absolutely hilarious. Just don’t talk to me about the movie because I will yell in your face. I hate the movie so much. I have the same reaction to the film that Pat has when he hears Kenny G.
2) Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher – This book is absolutely wonderful. I still have no way to put into words how much I love this book. The ending is one of my favorite endings ever. It’s so beautiful and bittersweet.
3) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover – This (along with the companion, Losing Hope) are my favorite books from Colleen Hoover. I’ve honestly never cried harder while reading books than I did while reading these and I loved every painful moment. I even told that to her when I met her last year and she gave me a hug! Life goal accomplished!
4) The Martian by Andy Weir – This book is hilarious and intense. Mark Watney is my spirit animal. He’s all sass and snark and I’m all about that! I’m constantly pushing this book on people because everyone needs Mark Watney in their life.
5) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – The Infernal Devices is my favorite trilogy ever and I love all three books but the last one is my absolute favorite! This book hurts and two years later, I still haven’t recovered emotionally.
6) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – This is my favorite classic! I think what made me love it even more was that I watched the 1996 BBC mini-series as I read it. That definitely helped enhance the experience. Mr. Darcy is one of my favorite literary boyfriends and Collin Firth in that role was absolutely perfect. I just love Lizzie and Mr. Darcy’s story so much.
7) Vicious by V.E. Schwab – This is an amazing look at what makes a hero and what makes a villain. Even better because both main characters are so morally grey and we get a look into both of their psyche’s and it is absolutely fascinating. The ending is amazing as well and I’m still waiting on book 2. This book came out before ADSOM but that already has a sequel but book two to this one doesn’t even have a damn title yet! V.E. Schwab, stop playing with my emotions!
8) Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk – *insert obvious gif of Brad Pitt saying “You do not talk about Fight Club” here* People are always so shocked when I say that this is my favorite book ever. I’ve re-read this book way too many times to count and I fall in love with it more each time. Last re-read was like a year and a half ago so I’m definitely going to make it a priority to read it again this year. It’s just so amazing.
9) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – The entire series. All six of them. It’s my favorite series ever because Rose is my soul sister and the rest of the characters are so amazing and charming in their own ways. Again, just like Silver Linings, do not mention the ‘film’ to me. It never happened. Nope, that was just a really terrible fever dream that we all somehow had. Just forget about it and read the series.
10) Watchmen by Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons – Not a book, but this is my favorite graphic novel. I love the story and the setting but the characters are the highlight for me. The Comedian is my absolute favorite. Fight me.
This was so hard to narrow down to 10, but I did it! Link me to your TTT because I would love to know your favorite books and I’m nosey.